I first saw this used by Lisa Eldridge and I was floored by what I saw. Every highlighter I’ve tried up to that point was too yellow, pink, dark, or silver. This one looked like a neutral color; literally like a pearl suspended in a liquid base. I HAD to swatch it. I ran off to Sephora and they were sold out. They had some of the Becca Bird of Paradise gloss which was excellent but I’d had my heart set on the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl. Sephora stopped carrying them for several years so I never got to swatch it. After years of pining and trying others only to be left disappointed, I finally just bought it online un-swatched. That was my best non-swatched purchase EVAR! If you haven’t seen it before let me break it down on how to use it:
Swatched in shade, one whole pump!
1. Putting a little in your foundation for all over glow: Have a foundation that is flat and lifeless looking? About 1/2 a pump will be enough for your whole face and neck when blended into the foundation. It’s very brightening without you looking like a disco ball.
2. Selective highlighting: Highlight your cheekbones, nasal bridge, cupid’s bow, center of the forehead and center of the chin. You can also tap a little bit onto the high points of your eyebrows for extra radiance. I will let you know it’s very easy to overdo. Start with an amount the size of the head of a sewing pin and you can always add more as you go. This product is so pigmented you hardly need any.
3. Eye gloss: If you want to do a nude look, tap some onto your lids to look nice and fresh.
4. Under eye concealer: You can use this in the tear duct as well as on the the tear trough very sparingly. Let it fully dry, then tap on your concealer for a well rested look!
5. Body: One pump in your normal lotion applied to your shin bone will have your gams looking great or use it all over for subtle shimmer.
Well blended in the full afternoon sun
While I’m really pale I’ve seen it used on all skin tones beautifully. There are other colors of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector available but they aren’t quite as universal as this shade. They all look amazing so you really can’t go wrong!