Mother’s Day gift ideas are crammed down your throat this time of year so I’m sorry to add to the frenzy. The reason I’m even writing about this is because of all the terrible commercials I hear and see that are pushing gifts no one really wants. Mom’s are obligated to love anything their kids give them but that doesn’t mean they ‘like’ the gift. Let’s lay out some ground rules if you will for gift giving and then we’ll move on to some specific suggestions.
What to avoid:
1. Cheesy cheap jewelry that is holiday themed. It’s usually overpriced and low quality!
2. Housecleaning supplies, unless it’s something awesome like a Dyson vacuum and you know it’s on her wishlist.
3. Stuff that’s for taking care of the kids unless she specifically asked for something from this category.
4. Clothes or Lingerie unless expressly asked for and size was given.
My favorite options are:
1. The handmade family card with a gift card to her favorite store. This must be accompanied by the promise of watching the kids so she can shop by herself.
2. A gift that gives her “Me time” like spa packages, a class, or a handmade coupon book for free time or chores that the whole family pitches in on.
3. If you want something you can wrap up try to get her something fun, frivolous, beautiful, or relaxing.
4. Flowers or plants are always welcome. Deliver them to her work or home for an extra surprise!
If you don’t know Mom’s favorite store, here are some great options that should have you covered here in the USA.
7. World Market
8. Sur la table
10. TJ Maxx which works at Marshall’s and Home Goods too!
Here are some ideas you can actually wrap up if you want to have something besides a gift card in hand!
This is fun because mom gets nice mini bottles to add to her perfume collection but then gets to go pick out a full size bottle of her favorite at no extra charge!
Turn any room in the house into a fragrant haven with this great sampler from Voluspa!
A delicate and classy monogram pendant will get years of use!
Brighten mom’s day with this great mug!
Not only is it filled with a delicious scented candle with an 85 hour burn time you get a pretty keepsake after it’s all gone!
Lollia hand creams come in a variety of scents and formulas. All of them are exquisite and it’s a gift I personally give to any woman I know for just about any occasion. They all rave about them, so trust me, this a home run gift!
This is another home run gift! It’s able to be used alone or with a partner. I adore my set. Both my husband and I use it all the time. It’s great for everyday aches and pains or post sport.
Vinturi Wine Aerator $23.49 (53% off right now!)
I’ve been waiting to recommend this until it was on sale and low and behold, here it is. It’s one of the best gifts I’ve ever received. I’ve had mine for 8 years and it’s still going strong! This is a must for the wine lover mommy in your life!
Perfect for a busy mom who wants a great single cup of joe anytime.
Take her back to childhood with the grown up version of the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine!
I hope our Mother’s Day gift ideas have inspired you to get something great for the moms in your life! See something you like or have an idea of your own you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!