Vega Sport Performance Protein in the Berry flavor in action!
I was interested in trying Vega Sport Performance Protein since it debuted a few years back but I wasn’t able to find any tester packets to give each flavor a fair try. I recently found a market that carries all the flavors in the single serving sizes so I decided to give them a whirl, no pun intended. Here is what the company says about the product:
” Vega Sport Performance Protein
A complete multi-source, plant-based protein featuring BCAAs and glutamine, Vega Sport Performance Protein is formulated to improve strength, build and repair muscles and reduce recovery time post-workout.
Formulated by Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete and bestselling author on performance nutrition, Vega Sport Performance Protein is 100% plant-based, free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Available in Vanilla, Chocolate and Berry flavors.
Take Vega Sport Performance Protein within 90 minutes of your workout or throughout the day to meet your individual protein needs to recharge and repair so you can do it all again, sooner.”
I’ve tried it before and after workouts and I’ve tried it as a meal replacer. Here is what I have to say about Vega Sport Performance Protein:
1. I experienced no bloating or weird stomach issues as I have with other protein in the past.
2. You can feel your body being nourished and repaired. You really feel better post workout with it than without it. It’s very energizing. It made me more hungry for about an hour after but I got through it with water!
3. It’s not filling enough for a meal replacement. It’s just filling enough for a recovery beverage. Not even with almond milk and fruit because the protein doesn’t fluff up in the blender.
4. Because it’s replacing salt and minerals, it does taste salty and mineral-esque. No getting around that. The best for masking this was the chocolate flavor. I liked all the flavors enough to buy them all again.
5. It mixes fast with just liquid in a shaker bottle; you can get it mixed without clumps if you need it in the car post gym.
I have to say that for me personally this is a product I will buy again. It’s got everything I need and nothing I don’t. It’s a little expensive and if you have similar challenges like food allergies, thyroid issues, and autoimmune conditions but are serious about fitness this is what you should be drinking for recovery. Overall, I give the Vega Sport Performance Protein an A- and I hope you will give a try! I’ve also tried the Vega One flavors. It’s a bit less salty and more of a meal replacement. My favorite flavors were the Vanilla and the Vanilla Chai. I’d also rate them an A-!
Have you tried any of Vega’s products? Let us know what you thought in the comments below!
For optimal results, use in conjunction with Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator.