I’ve always liked Derma E products when I have used them but I was lucky enough to be contacted by the company to try out some of their newer products. Needless to say I was stoked to be able to try them, especially since they make my favorite cruelty free makeup removing gel cleanser. Today, I’m giving you the skinny on the Evenly Radiant Brightening Serum! Of course I shouldn’t have to tell you that this is my opinion and I’m not compensated in anyway for the review. That being said, I freaking love this stuff. You remember awhile ago when I got back to the USA and I was mega sampling at Sephora? I was quite taken with the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum but I didn’t like the fragrance, the cost, or the pilling on the skin which was probably due to the silicone in it. Other than that it worked well but I decided not to buy it. I’m glad I didn’t shell out for it because the Evenly Radiant Brightening Serum is almost as effective at half the cost.
Here are the claims:
Target uneven pigmentation and age damage at the source with this intensive skin-brightening treatment serum. Formulated with our own Intensive Skin Brightening Complex containing Madonna Lily Plant Stem Cells, Bearberry, Niacinamide, Licorice, Green Tea and C-Ester plus illuminating Alpha-Arbutin to help fight discoloration for more evenly toned, luminous skin. Ideal for skin showing signs of uneven pigmentation, discoloration, sun damage, freckles, age spots and dark spots. In a 4-week consumer trial on the full Evenly Radiant® line, 82% of participants saw improvement in overall color and tone of skin. 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free.
What I say:
1. It’s a medium weight gel serum that isn’t overly moisturizing but it does what it says it will. It also seems to help with skin texture too.
2. I didn’t find it made me any more sensitive to the sun or have more Rosacea flare ups.
3. It feels nice going on and it dries fast as long as you rub it in well.
4. It layers perfectly with other products as long as it’s rubbed in.
5. It’s certainly helped brighten overall and has lightened what I guess is a small brown spot on my temple. My chest also looks better!
6. Perfect for all skin types!
7. The scent of the serum is very light and just barely there. It smells like lilies and honey!
1. I’d forgotten I’m prone to flushing with Niacinamides. Nighttime use only.
2. It didn’t even out my skin tone on the whole as much as the Ole Henriksen did. This may have been more due to the accompanying Truth Serum oil I used in tandem with that product.
3. You can’t just slap it on if you want to layer it. It must be rubbed in completely.
I really enjoy the product and find that it works best for me under a night cream. I’ve tried using an oil first but I don’t think that is as effective as the product being on the skin first. Sometimes if my skin is a bit drier, I will use the serum every other day and an oil on my off days. The best improvement seems to be my chest. It was looking really rough after the summer and between the Evenly Radiant Brightening Serum and the Sibu lotion it’s looking better than before the burns even happened! At less than half the cost of Ole Henriksen Truth Serum I can afford to be generous with my application of Evenly Radiant Brightening Serum. I give this serum an A-.
A quick note about Derma E Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser:
Derma E also sent over the accompanying cleanser. It’s almost the same as their other cleanser I purchased a few months ago with 3 notable exceptions:
1. It doesn’t melt heavy makeup as much but it’s fine for light makeup or mineral sunscreen.
2. It’s more exfoliating and hydrating than the other cleanser.
3. It has the same brightening complex that’s in the rest of the line but to a lesser extent than the serum. I leave mine on in the shower for a few minutes to make a little mini mask treatment with it and it works well for that.
Overall I’d give this product an A- as well. If it cut through heavy makeup as well as the hydrating version I’d give it an A+. I have three cleansers in my rotation now and this is the one I use the most out of the three.
Have you given Derma E a try yet? I’m really impressed with the products for the amount of money they cost. I also like them for what they lack and they don’t test on animals. If you have been a fan of Ole Henriksen, Murad, or MD Perricone but can’t afford their products regularly, do yourself a favor and test out Derma E. If you think it’s still too much $$$ check Amazon for specials. They currently have a sale on the serum for $22.99!
If you have any comments or questions feel free to leave them in the comments below!