Some of my favorite random snaps this year! If you like these check out my Instagram feed!
Here we are, one year into blogging. I started blogging last year at the end of December. It’s been an odd and troubling year for me but blogging has been a fun distraction that requires a lot of effort so it’s been essential for keeping me centered. I started this blog around the New Year with the intention to have it be a fitness and wellness blog but it’s has devolved into a makeup and wine blog. I guess that is how it goes. I never thought my wine posts would be my most read posts or be what brought the majority of traffic to my site but lo and behold, this is what the statistics show. Since I began the blog with the intention of using it to keep track of my New Year’s resolutions, I’m going to revive that idea to an extent. I have a long list of goals I’d like to achieve this upcoming year and I think my regular readers and I have grown close enough to share our New Year’s resolutions together. The ones I have in mind are very specific. I find if my resolutions are vague so are the results.
Old Goal: Take better care of myself
As you can see that’s about as vague as it gets. I’ve identified the top few things I need to really focus on in the “care” category.
- I need to drink more water. Lots more. Some days I drink only two glasses of water. I need to be throwing back at least 2 liters a day. I don’t expect it to happen overnight but I need to seriously discipline myself to drink more water. I’m not drinking sodas or juice, I’m not drinking ANYTHING.
- Go to the gym 3 days a week. I struggle with my health and my weight. I get discouraged when I do everything right and don’t lose any weight so I give up. Losing weight is not my focus anymore. It’s just to be healthier and stronger. I will always have a thyroid and autoimmune disease. I will never be 20 again. I will never have a 22 inch waist again. I can’t let what I see as failure to stop me from investing in my overall health.
- I need to recommit myself to 80/20 eating. It was my big New Year’s resolution last year and I did well for a while. It slipped to 70/30 or at times 60/40 due to my husband’s love of fast food and being back in the USA. It’s not his fault. I shouldn’t have agreed to eat crap. I often don’t want to be troublesome nor have other people go out of their way for me. But it’s a double sort of suffering placed only on me. I still eat healthier than anyone I know IRL but it’s not good enough for me and my personal situation anymore. Occasional slip ups will happen or select indulgences but I don’t need chicken nuggets from where ever it is you are getting your massive nasty combo meal from.
Old Goal: Try new things
I love trying new things but I fall back into old patterns so easily!
- Go to new restaurants. It’s a double edged sword for me due to my food restrictions and allergies but I need to go new places. We have our favorites, they are usually tasty and cheaper than many other local places like our favorite Thai food place or Korean BBQ. New experiences are vital to personal growth!
- Be more experimental with makeup and personal style. I know what works for me but broadening my horizons is key. I’ve already bought some cobalt eyeliner and bright purple mascara, I just need to bust them out and wear them.
Old Goal: Have a blog
- I now want to have a successful blog. More readers and make the blog at least pay for itself. I’m not 100% sure how to make that happen. It’s a work in progress. I know a lot of it has to do with spending money to make money but I don’t have any to spend. Feel free to submit your no cost and low cost ideas.
- Use up makeup I’m not overly fond of or toss it. I have a lot of makeup I’m not using and I need to use it or lose it.
- Put on perfume and a nice lip product every day. I don’t normally do so unless I’ve got something important to do but I need to see everything as important.
- Find a good sunscreen that doesn’t break me out!
- Finally perfect a 5 minute face!
- Buy the occasional bottle of wine that is nice just for me and not for company. Most of my friends and family aren’t big wine drinkers and I save my good stuff for them when we entertain. Half of them don’t know or care or drink it in one big gulp.
- Tackle three spring cleaning tasks: Organize my makeup, Get caught up on laundry and all the folding/hanging/ironing involved, and deep clean my oven.
- Try to make more friends. I’m picky and I’m not prime friend material. I can’t change who I am but I can put myself out there more. If people are shallow because I don’t own a TV, can’t eat at any old place, or that I don’t like many sports, it’s their loss and I need to let it go.
- Take more pictures. Life goes by too fast!
- Buy some new sheets/towels/curtains. Most of mine got ruined in the move.
- Cut our food bill: My only ideas for this now are reducing food waste. With my allergies and my husband needing to be super fit for his job we can’t eat poorly or use a lot of filler carbs. He gains weight like crazy when we do. I’m open to all suggestions!
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions this year? Have suggestions to help me keep mine?