After an exceptionally bad bout of body acne, I needed something to clear up the painful sores on my back. This was caused by using a shampoo and conditioner with a lot of silicone in it. No matter how much I rinsed and scrubbed I was still breaking out from it all over the back of my body and hips. I ordered AmLactin to help with this.
1. Clogged pores or ingrown hairs will not stand a chance against this stuff. If you have body acne or KP, you need this in your life. My skin was almost completely clear again in a week. AmLactin saved my skin!
2. It’s mildly to moderately moisturizing.
3. The lotion and hydration do last for a long time.
4. It will lighten scars and freckles.
5. Nice pump bottle on the larger size and a little goes a long way
6. Best lotion for right before a pedicure. It will take all the dead skin off without removing calluses. It will even melt off ragged cuticles.
It’s got a nice gel-cream texture that spreads easily on the skin!
1. It smells like ammonia, like the kind you use to clean with or from stagnant animal pee. My husband says it’s not that bad and I do have a super sense of smell but you’ve been warned.
2. Mineral oil; I don’t find this a problem with infrequent use.
3. This will sting any compromised skin quite badly, so be careful.
4. It’s too strong for my hands or anywhere above the waistline on my front side so handle with care. My palms can take it but if I get it elsewhere on my hands I have to wash it off. AmLactin is not to be used on the face according to the bottle.
Overall, I prefer other lotions for hydration. If you have scars, body acne, or KP AmLactin is your new favorite item. I find I can partially mitigate the smell by layering another lotion over the top or you can apply it before you go to bed. I find that using this in the evening before bed then using my Salux, Weleda Sea Buckthorn body wash, and my Sibu the next morning leaves you with staggeringly soft skin. Like a new born baby! As for the rating, it’s a B+ in my book. Something that smells better or didn’t have all those questionable ingredients like Mineral Oil and Parabens would garner it an A rating.
Have you tried AmLactin? Let me know what you thought!