Many people are familiar with the term “skinny fat”. What does this mean? Skinny fat is when someone has a normal weight, but they have little to no muscle mass. This can lead to cardiovascular health problems, diabetes, and other conditions. Luckily, there are ways to fix it!
Here five easy steps you can take:
1) Find an exercise routine that fits your style of life-maybe something like yoga or pilates-and commit for at least 10 minutes per day.
2) Track what you eat so you know where your calories are coming from and how much protein, carbs, and fats you’re getting each day.
3) Eat breakfast every day because if not then your metabolism will slow down in order to conserve energy.
4) Make sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet. Protein helps repair muscle tissue which means if you consume enough of it, that excess fat will go away much faster than without adequate protein intake.
5) Get moving; exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 times per week.